The Township of Marple is seeking an experienced, motivated Meduim Duty Diesel Engine Mechanic, looking for a life-changing, rewarding career opportunity. If this is you, and you’re a team player, capable of hitting the ground running, and ready to help us service the Marple Township Municipal Fleet of vehicles in the Public Works Department, including Sanitation and Highway. We want to talk to you about joining our team. We are COVID-safe, and it’s an exciting time to be working at Marple Township! Every employee is actively involved and has a voice in improving the culture – for our employees and residents of our community! Join our Team now, grow with us, and be part of the change!
- Diagnose, repair and maintain medium duty diesel and gasoline engine industrial trucks and construction equipment.
- Document repairs using fleet maintenance software
- Conduct road tests as required
- Participate in training and stay abreast of manufacturer-provided technical updates
- May oversee the work of apprentice technicians as assigned (if appropriate)
- Maintain township-owned tools and manuals
- Comply with Federal, State & local regs (hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.)
Successful candidates will be or possess:
- 21+ years of age (for auto insurance purposes) and able to lift 100 pounds
- Exp repairing medium duty trucks.
- Fabrication & welding - familiar with repair of hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of air brake systems.
- Engine, Transmission, Air and Emissions Systems experience (EPA07, EPA10+)
- Computerized diagnostic skills
- Valid/clean driver’s license
- Willing/able to obtain certifications offered for listed vehicles (*paid training provided)*
- Preferred candidates will also be or possess:
- Certifications for any of the above noted vehicles
- Current CDL, Class B with clear of violations/accidents
- Current DOT medical cert
We offer excellent salaries, paid training (followed by increases as appropriate), uniforms, a benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life/AD&D insurances, paid holidays, vacation and sick, and a municipal government retirement plan with company match.
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any other characteristic factor prohibited by law. We are proud to consider qualified Veterans and their family members.
Interested Applicants should send letter of interest and resume to:
227 S. Sproul Road
Broomall, PA 19008
Attention Township Manager