- Historian Andrew C. Isenberg will visit the Marple Public Library on Thursday December 5 at 7pm to discuss his new
book, Wyatt Earp: A Vigilante Life. Isenberg is a professor at Temple University. Register for this event by calling the library at (610) 356-1510.
PA 252 Bridge Replacement over Springton Dam Spillway Project Public Presentation:
- Aqua Pennsylvania and PennDOT cordially invites the public to a public meeting for the proposed PA 252 Bridge replacement project over Springton Dam spillway in Upper Providence and Marple Townships. The public meeting is scheduled for Monday December 2, 2013 at the Marple Township building during the regularly scheduled 7pm Board of Commissioners Work Session. The purpose of this meeting is to update the public and local communities on the current design of the project. The meeting format will consist of a presentation followed by a question and answer session. PennDOT, on behalf of the FHWA, welcomes the comments of individuals and organizations interested in the identification of historic resources and determination of the effect that the project may have on those resources. This opportunity for the public to participate regarding historic resources is pursuant to the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation’s (ACHP’s) revised regulations effective June 17, 1999 implementing Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act. The public presentation will be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA).
- Marple Township Senior Citizens Advisory Commission
The Senior Advisory Committee will hold its monthly meeting on November 20th at 1:00 PM at the MarpleTownship Building 227 S Sproul Road. Dr Henry Cluver CFP, Financial Advisor for seniors will be our guest speaker this month. Refreshments and a chance to socialize will follow the program.
- Upcoming programs at the Marple Public Library. We are located at 2599 Sproul Road in Broomall.
Enjoy learning about the life and operas of Italian composer Giuseppe Verdi before listening to the full recordings.
Facilitated by Joseph Erdeljac.
Join us these Wednesdays from 1—3pm.
Rigoletto—October 2 & 9
La Traviata— October 23 & 30
Il Trovatore—November 13 & 20
CROZER HEALTH SERIES
A clinician from the Crozer Keystone Health System will present on a variety of topics:
· Nutrition, Building My Plate —September 20 at 10am
· Blood Pressure & Cardiovascular Disease—Know Your Risk Factors; get a free screening. September 24 at 10:30am
· Diabetes—September 25 at 10:30am
· Tobacco Trends—October 21 at 10am
· Breast Health—October 28 at 7pm
· Lung Cancer Prevention/Risk Factors—November 21 at 7pm
GREAT GATSBY PARTY
Celebrate the Roaring 20’s in Jay Gatsby style! Come dressed in your best 1920’s-style costume and enjoy food & drink as we watch the new DVD release of The Great Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio. September 27 at 3pm.
UFO AWARENESS DAY
Join us for a presentation by Bill Weber from MUFON (Mutual UFO Network). Weber is MUFON Chief Investigator for the state of Pennsylvania. Learn about what MUFON does and about
reported sightings of UFOs in the state. This program is open to ages 16+. Saturday October 12 from 2-3pm
A representative from APPRISE will explain the changes and
updates to Medicare for 2014. Join us on October 30 at 10:30am.
Don't miss these upcoming events at Marple Public Library! Registration is required unless otherwise noted.
Every Wednesday evening in July we'll be showing a different film from the grooviest decade: the 1970's. No registration required. Admission is always free. Shows start at 6:30pm. Call the library or check www.marplelibrary.org for scheduled movies.
We'll be going on a field trip to the Mutter Museum! Join us at “America’s finest museum of medical history” for a guided group tour. Admission is $10 for adults, $8 for those under 18. Transportation is not provided. Please register and pay in cash or by check at the front desk.
Weekly Curbside Yard Waste Collection Program: The Township will continue the Weekly Curbside Yard Waste Collection Program until the end of September. Collection will occur on Mondays and Tuesdays. Yard waste is to be bundled in lengths of no more than 3’ and no more than 50lbs or placed in trash containers and placed curbside for pick up. Township crews will be constantly collecting Township wide so there is no need to call and schedule a pick up. Please note that yard waste mixed with grass clippings will not be collected. Excessive yard waste and grass clippings can be dropped off at the collection bins at the Old Marple Grade School property at on West Chester Pike and Malin Rd, directly across from the Fire House. For more information call 610-356-4040.
Paxon Hollow Country Club: We are looking forward to another Great Year of Golf at Paxon Hollow Country Club! Our NEW Full Service Restaurant Anthony's at Paxon Hollow is NOW OPEN for Lunch and Dinner. The Golf Shop has been re-located to the building directly across from the past location. We will also have a new location for our snack bar, adjacent to the Locker Rooms. The New Snack Bar will serve quick Food and Beverage items for before or during your round. We are currently planning several special events and promotions for the 2013 Season. All of our Special Deals and Events are broadcast through our Email Database and Website. Stay tuned for more details as the season gets underway. Yes, that means more frequent Emails from me. Low Price Guarantee: You will never find a lower price to golf at Paxon Hollow except directly from us. We do not participate with any online tee time discounters. Check out our Frequent Player Card below to get the lowest price to golf on any Monday thru Thursday. We will also be offering several Web Specials throughout the 2013 Golf Season on our NEW WEBSITE. PaxonHollowGolf.com
Paxon Hollow Golf Course 2013 Frequent Player Card Play for the lowest rate with this card, 2013 cards are now on sale! Players Cards can be used on any Monday thru Thursday during the Golf Season, and any day of the week during the Winter. This is a $10 - $15 savings per play. NEW this year, Players Cards can be used any day of the week including Saturday and Sunday when winter rates are in effect. Winter rates are currently in effect, ending on Thursday March 28th.
The PA State Covered Device Recycling Act prohibits electronic devices such as computers, monitors and televisions to be disposed of in your regular trash. Marple Township has established an Electronic Recycling Program to assist you with the disposal of these items. For your convenience, Drop-off Recycling Bins for these devices are available at the Township’s Public Works Facility, 446 Marpit Drive in the Lawrence Park Industrial Park. For more information, please contact the Township Offices at 610-356-4040
Rosalie McKernan-O'Brien of Broomall fills out a customer service survey at Marple Public Library. The library is surveying library users as part of our goal to provide excellent service to the community. You can let us know what you think by stopping by the library and picking up a survey or do it on line at our website www.marplepubliclibraryorg or Facebook. Help us serve you better. Those who fill out survey in the library or on line will get a free DVD/Videogame Rental. Cost $12-Members - $14 Non-Members