Township Information & News
- Beginning Feb. 26th Tyler Technologies Inc., contracted by the County of Delaware, will be providing real property appraisal services for the County’s 2020 general reassessment. The reassessment will be effective for the 2021 tax year. The County Treasurer’s Office will utilize Tyler’s appraisal and street imaging services. Tyler will photograph properties from inside white vans which will be clearly marked. The images will only be taken from the street, Tyler staff will not enter private property. To alleviate any privacy concerns images will not be taken of homeowners and/or children. The project will also allow verification and correction of address discrepancies, in addition be helpful for emergency management recovery reports, necessary for state and federal assistance. A Reassessment Hotline has been set up for any questions or concerns: 610-891-5695. Do not hesitate to contact the MTPD if you see any other suspicious vehicle or individuals at your door.
- Delaware County Council of Governments (COGS) will be holding a E-Recycling Event on Sunday, March 25th at Delaware County Community College. They will be accepting anything with a plug. Click HERE for full details.
- AQUA will be replacing the existing 6-inch cast iron mains on the following street(s) in Marple, Newtown and Radnor Townships, Delaware County as part of our ongoing infrastructure improvement program. For full details click HERE . *UPDATE 2/14 - Added streets click HERE
- Click HERE to view the 2017 Marple Township Fall Newsletter.
- PECO has joined forces, for the second year in a row, with electric & natural gas utility companies across the United States & Canada to help provide essential information that can help utility customers avoid being scammed. Click HERE for full information.
- The Marple and Newtown Senior Pinochle and Bridge Club play pinochle on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 3:30 pm and bridge on Thursday from 12:00 to 3:30 pm. If you are a Senior living in Delaware County, and are interested in playing pinochle & bridge please come out and join us at the Marple Township Municipal Building, 227 S. Sproul Road, Broomall PA.
- To view the MTC Powerpoint on Emerald Ash Borer click HERE. To view the EAB Insecticide Fact Sheet click HERE.
- PennDOT crews have been working hard to repair potholes on State Highways. Residents can report potholes on State Highways by calling 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623). Marple Township State Highways are as follows: Sproul Road, Cedar Grove Road, West Chester Pike, Lawrence Road, Marple Road, Old Marple Road, Paxon Hollow Road, Palmers Mill Road, Newtown Street Road, Media Line Road, Springfield Road & RT. 1 Media Bypass.
- Cleaning? Not sure how to dispose of something? Click the links below for some useful information & disposal methods.
- Please click HERE for the new bulk pick-up procedure.
- For a limited time PECO is offering the Smart Appliance Recycling program. They will pay you $50 to recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. For more information click here.
- Please be advised, in the event a snow emergency is declared, it is prohibited to park a motor vehicle or to allow a motor vehicle to remain parked on any street/highway designated a snow emergency route. Please Click HERE to view the designated streets.
- The Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association needs your support!! There are many ways to donate; private and corporate sponsorships are available. Click HERE for sponsorship information. Purchase a personalized brick in the name of your Veteran to be displayed at the Delaware County Veterans Memorial in Newtown Square. For information on purchasing a brick click HERE. Visit the Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association at www.delcoveteransmemorial.com
A Community in Broomall, Pennsylvania
227 S. Sproul Road
Broomall, PA 19008-2397
8:00AM to 4:30PM
610-356-4040 to submit a Complaint/Service Request
TO SIGN UP FOR TOWNSHIP & COUNTY EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS CLICK HERE
Thursday, 3/8 - 7PM
Park & Recreation Committee
Monday, 3/12 - 7PM
Board of Commissioners - Combined Regular/Work Session
Click HERE to view the Agenda
Wednesday, 3/14 - 2PM
Paxon Hollow Committee
Thursday, 3/15 - 3PM
Marple Tree Commission
Monday, 3/19 - 7PM
Pension Committee - 7PM
Massey House - 7:30PM
Wednesday, 3/21 - 7PM (CANCELLED)
rescheduled to Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 7PM
Zoning Hearing Board
Click HERE to view the Public Hearing
Public Safety Committee - 4PM
Planning Commission - 7PM
Click HERE to view the Notice
Monday, 3/26 - 7:30PM
Tuesday, 3/27 - 7PM
Enviromental Advisory Committee
Wednesday, 3/28 - 8AM
Public Works Committee
The Township's annual yard waste drop-off at the same location will open each Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 1 PM beginning April 7th and ending May 12th
All homeowner’s 2018 Refuse collection bill is due by Monday, April 2, 2018. Payments received after April 2, 2018 are late and will be assessed a 5% penalty pursuant to Township Ordinance.
For your convenience, the Finance Department will be open on April 2nd from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm if you would like to make your payment in person.
Archdiocese Sproul Road Property Notice
Sproul Road Developers,LLC will make a presentation to the public (including representatives of Marple Township) of its proposal for potential uses and development of the 200+ acre site bounded by Sproul Road, Reed Road, I-476 and Cardinal O’Hara High School and which is currently owned by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. The presentation is scheduled for Monday, May 21, 2018 beginning at 7:00p.m. in the auditorium at the Marple Newtown High School, 120 Media Line Road. For more information on the proposed development, please check the Proposed Development listing below.