Township Information & News
- Liquor Referendum FAQ click HERE.
- PennDot has announced that construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, January 28, on a project to replace the bridge that carries Route 252 (Palmer’s Mill Road) over the Springton Reservoir in Upper Providence and Marple townships, Delaware County. Construction will begin on Monday, January 28 with the installation of advanced warning signs and tree clearing operations. Motorists can expect periodic weekday lane restrictions (Mon.- Fri.) with flagging on Route 252 (Palmer’s Mill Road) between Lakeview Drive and Newtown Street Road from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM during this initial phase of construction. These construction activities will be in place through 2019. Construction on this project is expected to finish in the fall of 2021.This project includes the construction of a temporary bridge that will be used to carry northbound Route 252 (Palmer’s Mill Road) traffic over Springton Reservoir to maintain one travel lane in each direction through the project limits. Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent and subject to change. Click HERE For a presentation of the proposed project. For more information check out PennDot's Project Webpage HERE
- AQUA will be replacing the existing 6-inch cast iron mains on the following street(s) in Marple, Newtown and Radnor Townships, Delaware County as part of our ongoing infrastructure improvement program. For full details click HERE . *UPDATE 1/7/19 - Added streets click HERE
- The Township of Marple and the Broomall Rotary Club are proud to announce our Hometown Heroes Banner Program. This program serves as a tribute to recognize the men and women with a connection to Marple Township who have served or are serving our country in any branch of the United States Armed Forces. Each individual banner is unique and will include the veteran’s picture, branch of service, era of service and sponsor’s name. The banners will be located on the major roads throughout Marple Township. Click HERE for Banner Application & more information
- Delaware County’s Reassessment Process Update - Delaware County has set up a website dedicated to educating residents and answering questions regarding Delaware County’s Tax Reassessment Project. The website includes a video presentation on the Tax Reassessment process. The website can be found here: http://delcorealestate.co.delaware.pa.us/delcoreassessment
- PennDOT crews have been working hard to repair potholes on State Highways. Residents can report potholes on State Highways by calling 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623). Marple Township State Highways are as follows: Sproul Road, Cedar Grove Road, West Chester Pike, Lawrence Road, Marple Road, Old Marple Road, Paxon Hollow Road, Palmers Mill Road, Newtown Street Road, Media Line Road, Springfield Road & RT. 1 Media Bypass.
- Click HERE to view the 2018 Marple Township Spring Newsletter.
- PECO has joined forces, for the second year in a row, with electric & natural gas utility companies across the United States & Canada to help provide essential information that can help utility customers avoid being scammed. Click HERE for full information.
- The Marple and Newtown Senior Pinochle and Bridge Club play pinochle on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 3:30 pm and bridge on Thursday from 12:00 to 3:30 pm. If you are a Senior living in Delaware County, and are interested in playing pinochle & bridge please come out and join us at the Marple Township Municipal Building, 227 S. Sproul Road, Broomall PA.
- To view the MTC Powerpoint on Emerald Ash Borer click HERE. To view the EAB Insecticide Fact Sheet click HERE.
- Cleaning? Not sure how to dispose of something? Click the links below for some useful information & disposal methods.
- Please click HERE for the new bulk pick-up procedure.
- For a limited time PECO is offering the Smart Appliance Recycling program. They will pay you $50 to recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. For more information click here.
- Please be advised, in the event a snow emergency is declared, it is prohibited to park a motor vehicle or to allow a motor vehicle to remain parked on any street/highway designated a snow emergency route. Please Click HERE to view the designated streets.
- The Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association needs your support!! There are many ways to donate; private and corporate sponsorships are available. Click HERE for sponsorship information. Purchase a personalized brick in the name of your Veteran to be displayed at the Delaware County Veterans Memorial in Newtown Square. For information on purchasing a brick click HERE. Visit the Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association at www.delcoveteransmemorial.com
A Community in Broomall, Pennsylvania
227 S. Sproul Road
Broomall, PA 19008-2397
8:00AM to 4:30PM
610-356-4040 to submit a Complaint/Service Request
TO SIGN UP FOR TOWNSHIP & COUNTY EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS CLICK HERE
There are no current bids
Board of Commissioners - 7PM
Click HERE to view the Agenda
Board of Commissioners - 7PM
Click HERE to view the Agenda
Paxon Hollow Committee - 2PM
Park & Recreation Committee - 7PM
Historic Committee - 7PM
Massey House - 7:30PM
Zoning Hearing Board - 7PM
Click HERE to view the Hearing Notice
Marple Tree Commission - 3PM
Library Board - 7:30PM
Public Works - 8AM
Public Safety Committee - 4PM
Planning Commission - 7PM
Agenda to be posted
Broomall Rotary’s “Little Free Library Now Open at Veterans Park!”
The Broomall Rotary has donated a Little Free Library to the Township. The Little Free Library Impact Program places book-sharing boxes where they can be a catalyst for improving reading motivation and deepening community connectedness. Visitors to the Park can take a book, share a book or enjoy a book at the Park.For more information on donating a book, please contact Leslie Stack, Rotary President at 610-356-2531.
For info on the Little free Library Program visit www.littlefreelibrary.org.
THIS YEAR THE TOWNSHIP WILL AGAIN OFFER CURBSIDE PICK UP & DROP-OFF FOR YARD WASTE.
Curbside pick-up will be done by ward starting 4/1 & ending 4/12.
Click HERE for full details. Drop-off will be Saturdays & Sundays starting 4/6 & ending 5/11. Click HERE for full details. Compost will be available from 9AM to 12PM
Marple Township’s 2019 Refuse bills have been mailed to all homeowners. Full payment is due on or before Monday, April 1, 2019. Payments made after April 1st will be assessed a 5% penalty pursuant to Township Ordinance. For your convenience the Finance Department will be open on Monday, April 1st from 8:00 am to 8:30 pm if you would like to make your payment in person. Thank you.