Township Information & News
- Any Marple resident interested in serving on a Board/Commission in Marple Township should submit a letter of consideration and resume to the Township of Marple, 227 S. Sproul Road Broomall PA 19008 Attention Sharon Angelaccio, Township Secretary or email: email@example.com by December 20, 2019.
- PECO Vegetation Division has reported that will be doing routine tree trimming in Marple in November and December. The tree trimming will be related to the Sproul 002, Sproul 003, and Sproul 004 circuits and will assist to enhance reliability throughout the area. Please contact PECO Vegetation Division at if you have any specific questions (1-800-494-4000). Click HERE for map details
- Effective immediately recycling will NOT be picked-up in any plastic bags! Recycling must be placed at the curb in a blue recycling can. Plastic bags can be placed in your trash or recycled at your local supermarket.
- Click HERE to view the proposed Cable Franchise Agreement Renewal.
- Delaware County Counsel & The Department of Inter-community Health will be holding a FREE
Drive-thru flu shot Clinic for Delaware County residents. The Clinic will be held at the Broomall Fire Station on Wednesday, October 9th from 10AM to 2PM. Click HERE for full details.
- AQUA will be replacing the existing mains within Marple Township as part of the ongoing infrastructure improvement program. New water mains reduce the potential for main breaks & discolored water & improve water flow in the area. Construction typically takes place between 7:30AM & 5:00PM. Click HERE for full information.
- Liquor Referendum FAQ click HERE.
- PennDot has announced that construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, January 28, on a project to replace the bridge that carries Route 252 (Palmer’s Mill Road) over the Springton Reservoir in Upper Providence and Marple townships, Delaware County. Construction will begin on Monday, January 28 with the installation of advanced warning signs and tree clearing operations. Motorists can expect periodic weekday lane restrictions (Mon.- Fri.) with flagging on Route 252 (Palmer’s Mill Road) between Lakeview Drive and Newtown Street Road from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM during this initial phase of construction. These construction activities will be in place through 2019. Construction on this project is expected to finish in the fall of 2021.This project includes the construction of a temporary bridge that will be used to carry northbound Route 252 (Palmer’s Mill Road) traffic over Springton Reservoir to maintain one travel lane in each direction through the project limits. Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent and subject to change. Click HERE For a presentation of the proposed project. For more information check out PennDot's Project Webpage HERE
- AQUA will be replacing the existing 6-inch cast iron mains on the following street(s) in Marple, Newtown and Radnor Townships, Delaware County as part of our ongoing infrastructure improvement program. For full details click HERE . *UPDATE 1/7/19 - Added streets click HERE
- The Township of Marple and the Broomall Rotary Club are proud to announce our Hometown Heroes Banner Program. This program serves as a tribute to recognize the men and women with a connection to Marple Township who have served or are serving our country in any branch of the United States Armed Forces. Each individual banner is unique and will include the veteran’s picture, branch of service, era of service and sponsor’s name. The banners will be located on the major roads throughout Marple Township. Click HERE for Banner Application & more information
- Delaware County’s Reassessment Process Update - Delaware County has set up a website dedicated to educating residents and answering questions regarding Delaware County’s Tax Reassessment Project. The website includes a video presentation on the Tax Reassessment process. The website can be found here: http://delcorealestate.co.delaware.pa.us/delcoreassessment
- PennDOT crews have been working hard to repair potholes on State Highways. Residents can report potholes on State Highways by calling 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623). Marple Township State Highways are as follows: Sproul Road, Cedar Grove Road, West Chester Pike, Lawrence Road, Marple Road, Old Marple Road, Paxon Hollow Road, Palmers Mill Road, Newtown Street Road, Media Line Road, Springfield Road & RT. 1 Media Bypass.
- PECO has joined forces, for the second year in a row, with electric & natural gas utility companies across the United States & Canada to help provide essential information that can help utility customers avoid being scammed. Click HERE for full information.
- The Marple and Newtown Senior Pinochle and Bridge Club play pinochle on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 3:30 pm and bridge on Thursday from 12:00 to 3:30 pm. If you are a Senior living in Delaware County, and are interested in playing pinochle & bridge please come out and join us at the Marple Township Municipal Building, 227 S. Sproul Road, Broomall PA.
- To view the MTC Powerpoint on Emerald Ash Borer click HERE. To view the EAB Insecticide Fact Sheet click HERE.
- Cleaning? Not sure how to dispose of something? Click the links below for some useful information & disposal methods.
- Please click HERE for the new bulk pick-up procedure.
- For a limited time PECO is offering the Smart Appliance Recycling program. They will pay you $50 to recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. For more information click here.
- Please be advised, in the event a snow emergency is declared, it is prohibited to park a motor vehicle or to allow a motor vehicle to remain parked on any street/highway designated a snow emergency route. Please Click HERE to view the designated streets.
- The Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association needs your support!! There are many ways to donate; private and corporate sponsorships are available. Click HERE for sponsorship information. Purchase a personalized brick in the name of your Veteran to be displayed at the Delaware County Veterans Memorial in Newtown Square. For information on purchasing a brick click HERE. Visit the Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association at www.delcoveteransmemorial.com
A Community in Broomall, Pennsylvania
227 S. Sproul Road
Broomall, PA 19008-2397
8:00AM to 4:30PM
610-356-4040 to submit a Complaint/Service Request
TO SIGN UP FOR TOWNSHIP & COUNTY EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS CLICK HERE
Board of Commissioners -
Work Session 6PM - Regular Meeting 7PM
Click HERE to view the Agenda
Paxon Hollow Committee - 2PM
Park & Recreation Committee - 7PM
Historic Committee - 7PM
Massey House - 7:30PM
Zoning Hearing Board - 7PM
Click HERE to view the Hearing Notice
Marple Tree Commission - 3PM
Public Safety Committee - 4PM
Planning Commission - 7PM
Click HERE to view Planning Notice
Commissioners / Budget & Finance Committee - 8AM
Click HERE to view agenda
Library Board - 7:30PM
Public Works - 8AM
Broomall Rotary’s “Little Free Library Now Open at Veterans Park!”
The Broomall Rotary has donated a Little Free Library to the Township. The Little Free Library Impact Program places book-sharing boxes where they can be a catalyst for improving reading motivation and deepening community connectedness. Visitors to the Park can take a book, share a book or enjoy a book at the Park.For more information on donating a book, please contact Leslie Stack, Rotary President at 610-356-2531.
For info on the Little free Library Program visit www.littlefreelibrary.org.
*** ATTENTION RESIDENTS ***
Starting Monday, October 28th the Township will begin its curb-side leaf collection.
ALL leaves MUST be placed at the curb for pickup. Click HERE to view the 2019 Schedule.
- The Township Offices will be closed on Tuesday, 11/5. Trash WILL be picked up.
- The Township Offices will be closed on Monday, 11/11. Trash will NOT be picked up.
- The Township Offices will close at 12PM on Wednesday, 11/27. Trash WILL be picked up.
The Township Offices will be closed on Thursday, 11/28. Trash will NOT be picked up.
The Township Offices will be closed on Friday, 11/29. Trash will NOT be picked up.